Great Ireland Run 2020 10K
Sunday, April 5, 2020 from 10:45
Phoenix Park, Dublin
1. What distance is it and how do I enter?
Great Ireland Run is back and it’s bigger and better than ever! Join us on Sunday 5th April for a 10K run through the stunning surroundings of the Phoenix Park Dublin. Online entry available: https://www.greatirelandrun.ie/register/
2. How much is the entry fee and what does it include?
Entry is €30 plus booking fee which includes Official AAI measured route, Chip timed event, Race T-shirt, Medal, and Goodie Bag.
3. Can I get Packet Posted?
Yes, there is an option to have your race pack posted upon filling out registration. Race number only is, and additional €2.85 and t-shirt postage is an additional €4.85
4. Where is the race taking place and what time does it start?
2020 Great Ireland Run 10k will be starting on Chesterfield Avenue in the Phoenix Park Dublin at 10.45am.
5. Can I get a Refund?
Unfortunately, there are no refunds available.
6. What time should I arrive?
While the race starts at 10.45am, we’d advise getting there early to soak up some of the atmosphere on the day.
7. What is this year’s route?
Please see route details here: https://www.greatirelandrun.ie/event-info/
8. Are toilets provided on the route?
There will be adequate toilet facilities at the start/finish area and there will also be toilets at the 5k mark.
9. Where and when will race registration take place?
Location and Times TBC
10. When will I receive my race number, top and goodie bag?
This year you can get your race number top and goodie bag posted to you for a small fee. Or else as per previous years you can collect all items at Packet Pickup (Location and Times TBC)
11. Will there be a race for kids or 5k option?
12. Will there be baggage facilities?
Yes, details of which will be confirmed.
13. Will there be medical facilities?
Without question. Your safety comes first: clearly marked medical facilities in place on the route if you need any assistance. There will also be a fully equipped medical centre at the finish line to address any trouble you or anyone you know may be experiencing.
14. Will there be parking at the event?
A lot of the park will be closed for the race, so finding a place to park will be a bit harder than usual. We’d recommend availing of public transport if possible and enjoying the short walk up from the bottom of Chesterfield Avenue to the start line.
15. Is the event chip timed?
Yes, the Great Ireland Run is an Official AAI measured route and will be chip timed.
16. How do I check my race time after I finish?
A link to results will be available: https://www.greatirelandrun.ie/results/
17. I’ve just signed up for the Great Ireland Run online what do I do next?
You’ll shortly receive an email confirming your entry into the race. We’ll send a second email during the week of the event with further event information.
If you opted to not have your Packet posted. You’ll need to register and collect your race pack at Packet Pickup (Location & Times TBC)
After that … it’s all about showing up on the day to BE YOUR GREATEST.
18. Will the 2019 Great Ireland Run incorporate the AAI National 10K Championships.
Yes! Individual and Team National honours will be up for grabs on the day so make sure your registered. AAI Member registration: https://athleticsireland.entry4sports.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fathleticsireland.entry4sports.com%2F
19. Who is responsible for running the event?
The event will continue to be staged, under licence, by Celtic Dublin City Harriers and Athletics Ireland, who have been long time partners of the Great Ireland Run.